Monday, February 21, 2011

Death of an Artist

According to the articles artists albums sales improve after their death.  The article “Tupac: Life Goes on” by Michael Eric Dyson it shows us that Tupac’s music was not only about the things rap artists sings about today. Tupac was very influential. He used real life problems that people faced during his time. He rapped about the poverty and the violence that was happening. He expressed his love for his family especially for his mother. Many of his songs were dedicated to her. Tupac music touched a variety of people. That’s why his music even after he has died still lives on.

When Michael Jackson died I found myself listening to his music. Before, when he was alive I never listened to his music, I never really known much about him or his music other then he did sing and he wanted really bad to be white. I think that all the hype about him being the king of pop that got me to listen to his music. Seeing everyone so sad about his death made me think about why MJ was so great. That’s why I started to listen and really enjoy his music. 


Emilia Rybinska

No comments:

Post a Comment